Monday, December 15, 2008

Something to Think About

I want to focus on the humility of Christmas and those involved in the first Christmas season. Let's again, take a look at Mary. Mary was a very humble girl, with a humble lineage. She was not a royal princess. She was not rich by society's measurement. Mary herself confesses in her song found in Luke 1: 48-49 that "For He took notice of this lowly servant girl, and now generation after generation will call me blessed. For he, the Mighty One is holy, and has done great things for me."

But God chose this unknown girl to give birth to His precious Son. He chose her because she was a willing vessel to be used by God. Sometimes those that have everything are not willing to be used by God, in whatever way He wants. However, Mary chose to be willing to be used. God is not looking for riches or material possessions. He is looking for women with obedient hearts. He is looking for those who have the same spirit as Mary when she said, " I am the Lord's servant. I am willing to accept whatever He wants." (Luke 1:38) She was totally surrendered to the will of God.

Let's be women like Mary......let's be women that say "God, I am here to serve you. I'll do whatever you want me to do". Let's recapture the humility that Mary showed that first Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment