Monday, January 26, 2009

Dwell in the house of the Lord!

"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple." (Psalm 27:4 NIV)

Our relationship with God should be based on one thing - fellowship with Christ. The first priority of our day should be spending time in the presence of Jesus Christ. You can read, pray, listen and praise Him on a daily basis. This should be the one thing in our lives that we will not sacrifice for anything or anyone. Our time with Jesus should be very special to us.

It is very special to Him as well. In Luke 10, Jesus chastised Martha when she let daily activities come between her and spending time with Him. Paul told the Philippians in chapter 3 that he was continually "straining toward what is ahead..., to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward..." It was a daily effort for Paul to reach the goal of fellowship with Jesus.

I don't pretend that this has been as easy task to pursue. My daily time with the Lord has been many years developing to what it is, and I still have a long way to go, but it has become the most valuable part of my day. Let me challenge you to "dwell in the house of the Lord...", daily, and He will become the one thing you cannot live without.

Worship Him right now! Stop and just give him the names that He deserves.....Creator, Redeemer, Emmanuel, Alpha & Omega......and keep it going until you have exhausted all of the Biblical names you can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment