Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Give it up! Give it over!

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Phillippians 4:6

If you are like me, when you read this verse, you probably say "That's easier said than done. If you only knew what I'm going through." True, I don't know your individual needs or worried thoughts.

What I have learned during my own personal growing experiences is that God's Word has never failed me in my greatest time of need. He doesn't say He will answer my every need. As a child I learned that God may answer "yes", "no", or "wait." As an adult, I have received all of the above answers, not understanding them, but knowing He loves me. Many times the "yes" I so desparately wanted was the "no" God knew I needed. Hind-sight is a good teacher. I was so thankful God said "no".

I don't know your circumstances, your anxious thoughts, or your pain; but our heavenly Father knows the yesterday, today and tomorrows of your life. If you let him know your burdens, then you don't have a load to carry any longer...besides, He'll be up all the time anyway! Let Him carry your anxieties for you so you can focus on the responsibilities of today and sleep peacefully through the night.

Give it up! Give it over!

No comments:

Post a Comment