Monday, January 19, 2009

Take the Time!

"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights." Psalm 18:32,33

I want you to close your eyes and imagine a lighthouse. Well I guess you can't really close your eyes because then you couldn't read what to do next. Anyway, imagine a lighthouse. There is usually a path that takes you up a hill on a rock. You take that windy, rocky path and you finally get to the top. And the view! It is His view. It is breathtaking. Looking out into an ocean. All is calm, all is still! You feel close to God.

The above is one of my favorite verses, found also in Habakkuk 3:19. In the midst of difficult climbs, on days when nothing goes right, God gives me the strength to continue on the path, even though it is steep and rocky. Sometimes, God even gives us the strength to run up the hill. He'll get you to the heights.

Take the time to experience the strength of God. Take the time to go to the heights (as the verse ends). Let God equip you to run when you can barely walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment